Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Things that did not happen at our house tonight:
2. Viewing of American Idol Vegas to Hollywood results show part one.
Things that happened instead:
1. When Jeff arrived home, Daisy bolted out of the front door and down the street.
2. Jeff ran after Daisy
3. Jeff did not catch Daisy.
4. Jeff ran back in the house, grabbed his keys and took off in his car, following Daisy.
5. Bob wailed his disappointment that we were staying home instead of going on an "adventure" to find his "best dog friend."
6. Bob and I get in the other car, driving slowly through our dark neighborhood, calling Daisy's name out the windows.
7. Communicate cell to cell with Jeff as we circle the streets, closing in on Daisy.
8. Alternately run after, drive behind, and plead with Daisy to abandon this excellent game and get in the car.
9. Repeat above items numbered 6 - 9 for 85 minutes.
10. Corner Daisy in a small gated yard and carry her back to the car.
11. Return home.
12. Put Bob and Daisy to bed.
13. Discover that during Bob's bedtime, Daisy has eaten the novel that Jeff has been reading.
14. Realized that we had made it back in time to view Olympic men's figure skating and accompanying awesome outfits.
Tonight gets a big thumbs up.
Labels: oh daisy