Thursday, December 30, 2010
It's resolution season and I've been thinking. Not 4am freak-out thinking, but something a tad more constructive than my usual late night over-thinks. I've come up with a few changes I'd like to focus on around here. Most of the changes focus on acceptance:
1. I will accept that my boy is done with trucks unless they are Clone Turbo Tanks from Star Wars: Attack of the Clones.
2. I will accept that no matter how many adorable Gap Kids outfits the small man has, he will always prefer to wear Star Wars Lego pajamas.
3. I will accept that my days of going barefoot in my own home are over unless I would like to suffer the constant pain of errant Star Wars Legos stabbing into the soft part of my arches.
4. I will accept that I may never remember the correct pronunciation for Coruscant, Kashyyk, Geonosians, and Zunama Sekot but my kid will never forget.
5. I will accept that I will be expected to participate in a minimum of four daily light saber battles on the back patio. I will also accept that I will never win a light saber battle on the back patio.
6. I will accept that Bob's new (Labrador-sized) Imperial AT-AT: All Terrain Armored Transport is just a toy and stop introducing it as our new dog, "Merv."
Can I get an Amen?
If you just can't get enough of me and my resolutions, my new column up over at Main Street this week deals with resolutions of a more financial style.
Labels: the force