I can't remember experiencing this so drastically before but - I can't taste anything. I've got a ridiculous sinus infection and it has totally taken away my ability to enjoy the taste of food, delightful food. I first noticed on Thanksgiving when I had a piece of pecan pie and I thought something was wrong with the pie because it wasn't sweet. At all. That pie is 300% sugar so it finally dawned on me that the pie was fine and I was to blame. Even Altoids are now curiously weak.
I also can't smell anything. This is annoying and potentially dangerous in the event of a random gas leak or small stovetop brushfire. I do have smoke and carbon monoxide detectors so I'm probably safe.
You can now consider yourself updated on a few of the symptoms of my sinus infection. (Lucky!) I left out a few other details because I am a nice person and also I like you.
It's been weird trying to figure out what to eat. What would you eat if you couldn't taste anything?