Thursday, October 24, 2013

Nature Guys


"Mom, today me and Desmond and Felix got to see what the inside of an acorn looks like."

"Yeah? What do they look like?

"Kind of yellow-ish and brown and harder than a gummy."

"How did you guys get them open?"

"We chewed on them."

"Bob."

"You asked."



4 comments:

  1. Acorns generally aren't poisonous. I ate a LOT of acorns as a kid. Fortunately, they're pretty bitter, so that's discouraging to extreme acorn snacking. Plus, most folks don't spray oak trees with pesticide, either, so acorns are safer than a few other things he might pick up in yards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, at least he didn't put it up his nose.

    I'm just sayin'.

    XO
    A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, boys! Hey at least he's honest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The boy I nanny decided he wanted to see the inside of a walnut, thankfully he didn't chew it open, but the boy had stained fingers for daaaays!

    ReplyDelete